Thursday, February 14, 2013

It was a party!

Ok, so I know I've been MIA lately, but this is a really busy time of the year.  Last week was my daughter's second birthday.  That was a big deal!  We went all out.  It was a Minnie Mouse themed party.  I made polka dot outfits for all the girls, and a polka dot cake, and hung balloons from the ceiling (helium is wicked expensive these days).  We had such a good time, and Lilah loved every bit of it.
It took 4 bottles of food coloring to make the frosting that color.  It tasted awful!  The dots are just melting chocolates that I stuck on.  I couldn't find a cute candle, so I sprayed some adhesive on one of those striped, primary-colored ones and covered it in glitter.

Have you noticed that they changed Minnie's costume to pink?  I think the red and white is so much cuter, so I just went with it.  The only problem was that I couldn't find a Minnie balloon with a red bow, so I put Mickey above the cake table.


These are the outfits I made for the girls.  No patterns!  I started with Lilah's dress, I used one of her dresses to get the shape and size of the pieces, and then altered it to include the ties at the top.  The trim around the bottom is just hot glued on though.  Then I did a circle wrap skirt for Michaela.  That was super easy and looked totally cute over a white onsie.  Then I made the aprons for the twins.  They all looked so cute!  We just couldn't convince them to all get together for a picture!


I can't believe that my girl is already 2 years old.  It's a total privilege to be her mom.  I hope she looks back on things like this that I do for her, and she knows how much I appreciate her.
 

2 comments:

  1. Busy, busy! I love your cake! Glad everyone had a good time! Happy Birthday Lilah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We really did have a good time. I love doing those little things for her!

      Delete