Sunday, August 18, 2013

Taking a Walk

I really do hate to admit it, but this is me. I love those little girls, but I'm not a big fan of what my body has become in the last few years.  I look at my face and I barely recognize myself.  I finally got really and truly fed up this week, and I decided to take a walk.  It started when I put the board across my treadmill and was working on my computer while I walked, but I found that it just wasn't enough.  I needed a longer walk.  I needed to remind my muscles of what it meant to move.  I'm just not ready for running, so I walked...and I walked.  I started with my parents house, taking the girls over there in their stroller for a grand total of 6 miles on Wednesday.  Thursday, we went to the library and the park, about 3 miles there and 3 miles home.  Friday, we went to the pool and it was another 6 mile round trip.  Yesterday, I got a little side-tracked by a trip to feed the ducks with my sister and all of our kids.  It was just too much fun to pass up.  This morning when I woke up, the weather was ugly so before I could talk myself out of it, I told Alfred I was going for a walk, and I plunged out the door, about 2 hours later, I was back with another 7 miles under my belt.  I can't say that I feel any different yet, but maybe before too long I'll see this person looking at me from the mirror again. (Maybe then we can start working on that guy beside me ;-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment