Sunday, December 1, 2013

Our Family Advent Activities


This is the third year that I'm doing activities with my family every day during Advent.  Every year I write our list of activities from scratch because I have lost my list from the year before.  There is the obvious downside of it taking a little more time each year, but the up side is that every year, I get some great new ideas from the huge pool of talented bloggers out there.



Today, I'm sharing my list for this year, as well as a few of my favorite lists from around the blogosphere.  This list isn't in any particular order because we're drawing them out of a cup every day.  There are a few that are pre-scheduled because they require some planning.

1. Make paper snowflakes
2. Go to a live nativity
3. Play hide and go seek with Elf
4. Visit a nursing home and sing carols
5. Bake cookies
6. Have a cookie exchange
7. Go to Zoo Lights
8. Trip to the museum
9. Decorate the outside of the house
10. Go ice skating
11. Read the Christmas story from the Bible
12. Raindeer Games (family game night)
13. Drive around to see Christmas Lights
14. Write a letter to Santa
15. Stuff and send Christmas cards
16. Build a gingerbread house
17. Make paper Christmas trees for each child's room
18. Slumber party under the tree
19. Christmas movie night
20. Call friends and family who are far away
21. Take kids to get Daddy a Christmas present
22. Tune to a Christmas radio station and have a dance party
23. Read Twas the Night Before Christmas
24. Have a Noche Buena Party!

My favorite lists
Paint Cut Paste
Hip Homeschool Moms
Oh, Happy Day
Spoonful

No comments:

Post a Comment