Sunday, February 9, 2014

January 2014 Roundup

I've been following Katie the Scrapbook Lady for about 3 years now.  I love her systematic approach to memory keeping.  Every month, she does a round up of what she did to serve as a reminder for the journaling when it comes time to scrap those memories (or if she never gets around to it, those memories are at least recorded on her blog).

I've liked the idea for a while, but I wasn't ready to try it until now.  I think what got me on board is that she has simplified her prompts for 2014, so it seems like a less overwhelming project.

Here's my January 2014 Round Up, it's a little late in the month, but I kept thinking that I was going to add more to it...but that didn't happen, so it's time to move on to the next thing before it's March.

  • List what you watched, read, and/or listened to in the past month?
    • This month I've been catching up on my podcasts since I've been really sick.  



    • We found out this month that it was less expensive to get faster internet and cable than to continue on with our internet only plan, so we have cable again, but since the ceiling came down in the dining room, it wasn't convenient to watch it much.  The last day of the month I did catch up on season 4 of Downton Abby, though.  I love that show! Other than that, I've mostly just had Netflix on for background noise when I wasn't listening to podcasts.  The shows on my Netflix list for January were
      • Murder, She Wrote is back, which makes me very happy
      • Star Trek, The Next Generation
      • Alfred found Bo On the Go for Lilah (it's not my favorite: too repetitive)
      • She's also watched Secret Agent Oso and Strawberry Shortcake.
    • I started teaching an online course in genetics this month, so I've been doing lots of reading for that class.  It's been fun to be teaching again and engaging that part of my brain.
  • What fun things did you do with friends and/or family?
    • Alfred took the girls to Chuck E Cheese twice during the month,  they love having alone time with their Daddy.
    • Lilah and Alfred went to see Frozen for a Daddy-Daughter Date night.  Lilah hasn't stopped talking about Elsa since!
  • What milestones occurred? Any holidays or celebrations? How about special events?
    • We had a sleep over with the twins for New Year's Eve.  We watched movies, made minibooks, and painted our nails.
    • Alfred and I went to Table 21 at Volt for our 4th wedding anniversary.  
  • Talk about the everyday and routine bits of life in the past month
    • This month, I completed the month of challenges at The Lilypad, so every morning, I checked the prompt and made a digi page
    • It was really cold during this month, and everybody was sick at some point during the month (me most of all), so we spent most of our time at home 
  • What good stuff happened? What were the hard things? Anything unusual?
    • Lilah read her name
    • Michaela learned to go down stairs
    • We had a leak from the upstairs bathroom that meant that our whole dining room ceiling is going to have to come down.
      • but the good thing about that is that it has made us speed up the timetable for putting in a master bathroom, since the ceiling is already down, which gives us access to put in the plumbing for the new bathroom.
  • Report on the progress you’ve made toward your goals or list any new goals you have set
    • I completed the MOC at The Lilypad as well as all of their other challenges (44 layouts total)
    • Lilah is doing really well with potty training
    • We're working on getting Michaela to hit less
    • I got into the gym on the last day of the month, I really want to make exercise a bigger part of my life


No comments:

Post a Comment