Thursday, November 7, 2013

Creative Knockouts: Dr. Digis Get Punchy


This week at the Creative Knockouts challenge blog, we've all been dared to "get punchy."  The idea is to get your punches and dies out of storage and use them.  I must admit that I took a very loose definition of the challenge.  Since I'm a digital scrapbooker, I figured that the closest approximation to a punch in digi, is a clipping mask, and I use tons of them in every layout.  For my layout in response to the challenge, I used one of my own digital templates and the "Beauty in Everything" kit from M. Mullins.  



You can think of each layer in the digital template as a sort of a custom punch for that page...or at least that's how I'm going to think of it for the purposes of this post.  This week's sponsor is Dr. Digis, which creates digital stamps with a wide variety of characters.  I saw the image of Santa checking off the naughty and nice children, and it made me think of a picture I have of Lilah dressed as a "down to earth angel."  I know it's cheesy, but that's the sense of humor that I have. I don't think I'm completely done with the journaling, but I was just thinking that the holiday season is about to start, so our Elf on the Shelf is coming back.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun to see how Lilah interacts with the Elf differently this year.  Maybe our Elf will even get a name...maybe.


I hope you like this project!  If you'd like a copy of the digital template, you can download it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment