Monday, November 18, 2013

Live Crop Reminder...and some templates!

I'm usually a 12 X 12 scrapper, but I did Lilah's baby book in 8.5 X 11.  Today, I'm giving away some templates based on layouts in that baby book.








Also, I wanted to remind you about the LIVE CROP I'm hosting for 3 Scrappy Boys on Thursday November 21 at 9 PM EST via Google+ Hangouts On Air.  If you're not familiar with Google+ Hangouts, I would strongly encourage you to check it out. It's an awesome piece of social networking software that allows audio, video, chat, and screen share capabilities and much, much more.  We'll be doing this event via Google+ Hangouts On Air, which has the additional benefit of publishing a live feed to YouTube.com and making replays available via YouTube. The live You Tube feed means that you can participate even if you don't have a Google+ account.

Let's talk a little about what we'll be doing during the live crop.  It's going to have 4 parts:
1) Make and Take using the November 2013 3 Scrappy Boys Main Kit,
Thanksgiving tree02
We'll be making a Thanksgiving home decor project that turns into a mini book when you're done using it as a decoration.  In addition to the items from the kit and adhesive, I also used the following in my Thanksgiving Tree project
  • 3 ft of orange ribbon
  • gold embroidery floss
  • buttons
  • paperclips
  • cereal box or other chipboard packaging
  • small tree branch or twig
  • silhouette cut file or .pdf of leaves to make the pages
  • kraft cardstock
  • hole punch or crop a dile
  • binder ring
  • pen/markers/stamps for embellishing pages
If you want to work on your tree during the live crop, I'd advise cutting the leaves ahead of time and having them ready to embellish.
Thanksgiving tree03
2) A live, scrap on your feet challenge taken on by yours truly,
I'll have 20 minutes to make a layout using scrappy prompts chosen by the roll of a die.

3) A gathering of project ideas for the November 2013 Main Kit from around the internet.
4) A giveaway of an embellishment prize pack from 3 Scrappy Boys.
To make sure you get the invite to the room once it's open, you have some choices: 
  • "Like" 3 Scrappy Boys on Facebook--I'll be posting the room link there when it's open
  • RSVP for the event via Google+ I'll post the link there.
  • and/or, if you want to get a personal reminder and invite from me once the room is open, email me with the subject "3SB Live Crop" and I'll send you an email when we're ready to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment