Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Creative Knockouts: All that glitters

Happy New Year!  I hope you had a fabulous time during your celebrations! This week the challenge at Creative Knockouts is "All that glitters."  I took that rather loosely just to mean shiny.  I'm loving gold right now, so I used my gold acrylic paint to fill in gold accents on these 3x4 journal cards.

The cards are made with mixed media paper, that I made with a homemade gelli plate and acrylic paint.  I then stamped on top of them with Staz On Jet Black ink.  To color in the stamped images I used the gold acrylic paint and gelatos with my water brush.



My favorite is the card on the bottom right that says smile.  That sketched flower is one of my favorite stamps.  I use it in all sorts of projects, but this time I started by going around with a darker layer of paint around the edges, and then blended it in towards the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment