Do you ever get an idea in your head for a scrapbook page and realize after you start to execute that it was a bad idea? That's what happened to me with this layout.
Everything was done except the quiet week at the top of the page. I decided that it needed something else, and "It's been a quiet week in" would be the perfect thing. I started out thinking that I would make a cut file, so I designed it and printed it out to figure out where I would put it. The problem was that the lines would be too thin in the word week. Rather than going back to the drawing board, I decided that embroidery would be the perfect old-timey embellishment for this page.
I laid the paper over my page, taped it down, and started poking holes. About halfway through poking holes, when my hand was aching, I realized that perhaps this wasn't my best idea ever. But...I already had a ton of holes in the top of my layout. I stubbornly pushed forward. An over an hour later, I finally had a finished product.
I'll admit that I love the way it feels to run my fingers over the embroidery, but it took me three times as long to do as the whole rest of the layout. I don't think there will be too much more embroidery in my scrappy future.