Saturday, January 11, 2014

Simple Sketches 20: First CKCB layout of the year.

Melissa released another sketch today over at Simple Sketches


I really liked this sketch, so I decided to use it for my first CKCB layout of the year. Here's my kit "Start Here"


  Unfortunately, I didn't have any photo paper in the house.  I decided to try a new technique.  I've seen lots of examples of print transfers using tissue paper on pintrest, but I'd never tried any of them. My lack of photo paper was just the motivation I needed.

In this case, I printed the photos on white tissue paper.  I tried printing on the tissue paper a couple of different ways, but the one that worked the best was to use washi tape to attach the tissue paper a piece of cardstock (just to one side, don't wrap it around the edges).


I cut out the photos, and mod podged them to a sheet of patterned paper (the same one I used for the circles on the layout).  The result is a very subtle pattern that shows through the photos.  Here is the overall layout.


If you decide to use Melissa's sketch, I hope you'll link your layout in the Linky on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment