Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My First One Little Word Page

I've decided that my One Little Word scrapbook this year is going to be something between a scrapbook and an art journal.  I love the idea of art journaling, but I don't consider myself an artist, and I get so tied up in knots worrying about it looking good that I can't start.  I figure that using one new to me technique on each  art journal type page.  I was watching this video at Two Peas in a Bucket, it seemed easy enough to do a painted background.  I have khaki acrylic paint, that I used to form the background for this page.  When the paint dried, I used an oil pastel pencil to write the verse directly on.  It smudged a little, but I'm trying to forgive myself for that.  Nothing's perfect the first time you try it.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I, myself, am very intimidated by art journaling. I love the way it looks, but I'm sure I could never pull it off! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt too. That's why I figured I would start with something relatively clean and simple.

      Delete