Thursday, January 24, 2013

We've got a papercrafting convert!

My good friend Loraine came to my house last weekend to help me after my surgery.  I'm so thankful for her assistance, especially the day after the procedure.  On the second day she was here, I was feeling a little better, so I decided to get out my social club kit again to make some more cards.  She saw the stuff and decided that she wanted to make a card.  We worked together to make a small thank you card.  She was so excited about the results, that we decided to make a birthday card for her sister.   After she finished with that, she asked me to put one together, to see what I would do with the same materials.  I cut out the pieces to make 2 of the same cards at the same time, and this is what we each ended up with.
I've been really into butterflies recently, and I love that background paper.  This card has all of my favorite colors: blues, greens, and that corally orange.  I love this little card, and it only took a few minutes.  By the time she had to leave, Loraine was talking about finding a group of girls to make cards with locally.  Do any of you belong to a card exchange?  How did you get started/find the people in your group?

No comments:

Post a Comment