Monday, January 7, 2013

Taking down the tree

I have resolved to take my Christmas Tree down by the end of the day today.  I know, I'm behind the curve as far as a lot of you are concerned, but I can't help it.  I love Christmas Trees.  When else in the year can you get away with having a huge, lit up tree complete with glittery ornaments and a foot tall angel on the top dominating your living room. Never!  So, I am one of those people who have their tree up by noon on Black Friday, and I think I'm doing pretty well if it comes down before February.  My oldest daughter's birthday is at the beginning of February, so that's pretty good motivation to get the tree down.  Christmas and her birthday should be pretty well separated.
I was especially excited about the tree this year because I upgraded from a 6 ft unlit tree to a 7.5 ft prelit tree.  It looks so much more impressive in my living room.  I love that it nearly touches the ceiling and takes up a 4 ft diameter in the corner.
  Here is my one last look at my 2012 Christmas Tree. Oh, how I have loved you.  Can't wait to see you again November 29!


No comments:

Post a Comment